Garfield Education Centre is a privately owned Nursery School in Mayberry Park Alberton, with access to drop-off and pickup from J G Strydom Road.
Our school strives to develop:
- well-balanced children, at the same time giving them the best introduction to education as possible.
The start in 1991 began with the vision to bring quality education to all children regardless of their background, offering:
- A stable encouraging individual growth of our children.
- Parent involvement and participation in all school activities, essential in a child’s growth.
- Providing a safe and secure environment with qualified teachers.
- Registering the nursery school with the Departments of Education, Social Development, Ekurhuleni A.N.D. as a Grade-R site.
The teaching curriculum follows:
- NELDS curriculum for the 0 to 4 Year olds
- CAPS curriculum for the 4 to 6 year old leaners.
At Garfield we are committed to providing a warm and inviting environment with fun and interactive learning.
Staff strive to achieve an environment where:
- your child will enjoy coming to school
- Create a thirst for learning
- Enhancing our children social, emotional, intellectual and other skills while building confidence and self-esteem.
We aim to:
- Stimulate the cognitive and social development of young children,
- prepare them for the transition to a classroom setting and ready them for elementary school.